Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Watermelons are considered to be the quintessential summer food staple. With so many choices out there, finding, storing, preparing, and serving a melon can be daunting.
- To find your juiciest watermelon you first must look at the coloring: it should have bright firm skin, be symmetrical, and free of cuts, major bruises and scars
- Pick up the watermelon to feel whether it is heavy. The heavier the melon the more water it contains, which translates to a very luscious fruit
- Make sure that you pick a melon that is the right size for your needs -- you don’t want to waste any juicy bite
- The last test you need is the thumping method. You want to hold the watermelon close to your ear, thump it, and listen for a hollow sound. This means that you’ve got yourself a good melon
HOW TO RIPEN AND STORE:
If your watermelon isn’t quite ready to cut open and serve, make sure that you store it at room temperature, giving it time to reach its prime ripeness. However, if you have a melon that’s ready to eat you can cool it off in your fridge for a couple of hours so that when you’re ready to serve it, it's ice cold and delicious. Be sure to wrap all your leftovers in plastic and keep them in the refrigerator.
USES AND RECIPES:
There are a variety of ways you can eat-- and drink—this tasty fruit. While biting into an icy chunk of watermelon is very refreshing, there are also new recipes you can try to spruce up the ways you enjoy this summertime staple. Here are a few recipe links to help you cool off on these hot summer days:
- Watermelon Mojito Popsicles so you can cool down and cut loose
- Watermelon Keg great for those late evening outdoor soirées
- Watermelon Smoothie that help brighten your skin and your day
- Watermelon and Feta Salad a light and refreshing summer meal
Now that you have the know how on picking, storing, and using your watermelon get out there and embrace the summer heat with a slice or a sip of your mouth-watering treat.
ACTIVISION PUBLISHING TO SHOWCASE BLOCKBUSTER SLATE OF FAN-FAVORITE VIDEO GAMES AT SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON 2012
Showgoers Will Get Their First Multiplayer Hands-On Opportunity with the Highly Anticipated TRANSFORMERS™: FALL OF CYBERTRON, Celebrate Spidey's Latest Movie Launch with Hands-On Time with The Amazing Spider-Man™, Plus a Surprise Game Reveal During the Marvel Games Panel, Exclusive Game Demos at the Activision Booth,
and Much, MUCH More...
Santa Monica, CA - July 11, 2012 - Gaming, comics, sci-fi, cos-play, and fans from all walks of life the world over will experience a colossal interactive entertainment lineup from Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), at San Diego Comic-Con International 2012. Headquartered at booth #5344 in the San Diego Convention Center, Activision is celebrating the theatrical release of the blockbuster hit The Amazing Spider-Man, allowing fans to go beyond the movie and find out what happens next in The Amazing Spider-Man™ video game, plus showcasing some of the most anticipated fan-favorite games in the industry, including TRANSFORMERS™: FALL OF CYBERTRON, 007™ Legends, the all-new The Walking Dead™ video game based on the hit AMC television series, along with a world premiere reveal of a brand new Super Hero video game during the Marvel Games panel on Saturday, July 14th.
"We know how passionate our fans are, and San Diego Comic-Con is always a great opportunity for us to showcase our latest video games," said David Oxford, Executive Vice President, Activision Publishing. "These are big, iconic franchises and this is our chance to give back and let the hardest-of-the-hardcore play and experience our video games in a unique and fun setting before they hit stores."
Activision's Full San Diego Comic-Con 2012 Booth Activities Include:
- First time multiplayer hands-on with TRANSFORMERS: FALL OF CYBERTRON video game.
- First time hands-on with the TRANSFORMERS PRIME Wii game.
- Find out what happens in The Amazing Spider-Man video game, which serves as an epilogue story to the just released blockbuster hit movie.
- Live stage demos of TRANSFORMERS: FALL OF CYBERTRON single player campaign and presentations of the recently-revealed Moonraker and On Her Majesty's Secret Service movie missions from 007 Legends.
- Exclusive screenings of all-new 007 Legendsand The Walking Dead video game trailers.
- Limited edition San Diego Comic-Con fan giveaways.
Panels and Autograph/Photo Opportunities:
- PANEL: TRANSFORMERS: FALL OF CYBERTRON Video Game Talent
Legendary TRANSFORMERS voice talent and game experts at developer High Moon Studios will come together in one epic panel to discuss their roles in the upcoming Activision video game, TRANSFORMERS: FALL OF CYBERTRON. The panel will feature Peter Cullen, voice of OPTIMUS PRIME, Gregg Berger, voice of GRIMLOCK, Nolan North, voice of CLIFFJUMPER, Matt Tieger, High Moon Studios Game Director, and Dave Cravens, High Moon Studios Senior Creative Director. The panel will give everyone an inside look into bringing our favorite characters to life in the making of the video game, as well as answers to the questions you have been dying to know.
Saturday, July 14, 10:00 AM-10:50 AM
- PANEL: An ALL-NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENT at the Marvel Video Games Panel
The Marvel Video Games panel will include an announcement from Activision and High Moon Studios that is sure to be a hit! Q&A will follow.
Saturday, July 14, 1:45 PM-2:25 PM
- Autograph signings for TRANSFORMERS: FALL OF CYBERTRON
- Peter Cullen, voice of OPTIMUS PRIME / Gregg Berger, voice of GRIMLOCK / Nolan North, voice of BRUTICUS, CLIFFJUMPER, BRAWL
Saturday, July 14, 2:00 PM-3:00 PM
Activision booth #5344
- Autograph signings for The Amazing Spider-Man video game
- Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead, Burn Notice), voice of the Extreme Reporter
Saturday, July 14, 4:00 PM-5:00 PM
Activision booth #5344
TRANSFORMERS: FALL OF CYBERTRON allows players to experience the darkest hours of the war between the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS as they vie for control of their dying home world. Fans will fight through both sides of the TRANSFORMERS' most epic battles that culminate in their legendary exodus from CYBERTRON. (Launching August 21, 2012; developed by High Moon Studios for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and by Mercenary Technology for Windows PC; rated "T" for Teen on all platforms by the ESRB.)
The Amazing Spider-Man video game allows fans to go beyond Sony Picture Entertainment's Columbia Pictures feature film and find out what happens next, with the game's story serving as an epilogue story to the newly released blockbuster film, and gameplay that brings Spider-Man's free-roaming, web-slinging action back to New York City. Players take on the role of a young Peter Parker discovering his new Spider-Man powers and added Super Hero responsibilities, using the game's innovative Web Rush mechanic to swing freely around Manhattan, combat a variety of criminal activities and take on classic Marvel Super Villains, such as Rhino, Iguana, Felicia Hardy and more. (Available in stores now; developed by Beenox for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 system, Wii™ system, and Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system, with a Windows PC version slated for release on August 10; developed by Other Ocean for the Nintendo DS™ hand-held system; rated "T" for Teen on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system, Wii and Nintendo 3DS, and "E10+" on Nintendo DS by the ESRB.)
007 Legends celebrates the Bond franchise's 50th anniversary as the latest installment in the video game series allows gamers to relive a selection of James Bond's iconic and intense undercover missions from the popular films. A first-of-its-kind Bond video game, 007 Legends features an original, overarching storyline tying together five classic Bond movie-inspired missions, plus a sixth mission based on this year's highly-anticipated movie - SKYFALL - which will be available post launch as downloadable content, to offer the most diverse Bond gaming experience yet! (Launching October 16, 2012; developed by Eurocom for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 3 system and Windows PC; not yet rated by the ESRB.)
The Walking Dead video game is a do-whatever-you-need-to-
Details on how to enter will be announced each day from July 11 to July 13 on Twitter @Monsuno at 12 p.m. PT.
Friday, October 1, 2010
So we are basically relying on my wages that the insurance company is paying for me. They are paying 80% of my wages, which isnt much, and we are finding it so hard to pay our bills. It is taking a toll on both of us, my depression has gotten worse because of it.
My shoulder is still pretty sore, but I'm hoping I will be going back to work at the end of November. So I am going to try and post reviews again soon...take care...
Why have bread when you can have a salmon
Saturday, June 19, 2010
This would be great for our family camping trip this summer...
The giveaway runs until July 12, 2010. You can enter by visiting Serendipity Mommy!